Azamara Club Cruises Announces 2018 Voyages
Written by: Cruise News
Boutique Cruise Line Will Sail to 30 Maiden Ports and Take Special Voyages to Global Events
November 10, 2015 – Azamara Club Cruises today unveiled its 2018 itineraries. In 2018, Azamara will offer 69 voyages to 228 ports (including 30 new ports) in 64 countries. Azamara will return to Australia and New Zealand as well as exotic, smaller ports the big ships aren’t able to access. The line will also introduce a 102 day World Journey taking adventurous guests across the globe visiting 61 ports in 29 countries beginning in Sydney, Australia on April 8 and ending in London, England on June 17.
Azamara provides guests with unique access to activities and adventures on land through its signature programming. “AzAmazing Evening” events bring guests complimentary cultural experiences – for example being serenaded by candlelight, viewing an incredible festival of song and dance, or taking in a magical show at a local theater. Longer stays and overnights in ports make night touring possible with destination immersion brining the sights, sounds and flavors of local cultures after dark to life.
Azamara’s “Land Discoveries” programs can be customized or enjoyed by groups. Exclusive tours and excursions via Insider AccessSM and Nights and Cool PlacesSM programs curate experiences for guests, such as a guided walk around illuminated landmarks at night, after-hours museum visit, and access to live performances, to complement daytime explorations. Azamara will also continue to expand its newest Cruise Global, Eat Local program providing guests with a guide to dining in local restaurants serving authentic fare in each destination.
Visiting World Events
As Azamara transports guests around the globe in 2018, several high profile global events can be enjoyed:
· Hole-in-One Seekers: Golf lovers can time voyages to visit the British Open in July sailing from Southampton to Edinburgh as well as three other special voyages – Auckland to Sydney for 13 days departing February 22 to golf at Kauri Cliffs and Cape Kidnappers, Barcelona to Lisbon for nine days departing May 29 to golf at Vilamoura and Valderrama as well as Copenhagen to Stockholm for 11 days departing August 9 to golf at Restonian Golf & Country Club and Bro Hoff Slott.
· Speed Demons and Film Buffs: Adrenaline junkies can fuel their passion on Azamara voyages to the Monaco Grand Prix and the Classic Grand Prix (held every other year). Azamara Journey will sail from Rome to Barcelona for eight days departing May 29 combining it with two days in Cannes at the Cannes Film Festival and two days in Monte Carlo including race day. Azamara Quest will also feature a four day voyage focused on the race roundtrip from Nice.
Maiden Ports of Call
With itineraries that don’t repeat in the calendar year, Azamara has fast become the most popular line for booking back to back voyages. In 2018, 30 of the 228 ports of call will be new for the line brining guests to a variety of smaller ports that big ships can’t access. These gems span the globe including European post in Gdansk, Poland, Dundee, Scotland and Klaipeda, Lithuania as well as more exotic locales like Hambantota, Sri Lanka, Geraldton, Australia and Perth (Fremantle), Australia.
More 2018 Voyage Highlights:
· Explore the Islands of the Western Mediterranean sailing from Rome to Barcelona (Azamara Quest June 2018). Take in every detail of the cobblestone alleyways, elegant esplanades, cliff-side footpaths, waterfront promenades, and roads made of marble.
· Visit the War Cabinet Rooms where Churchill directed British participation in World War II, including the Map Room, before a traditional pub lunch on a World War II voyage from Lisbon to London (Azamara Journey June 2018)
· Each year a temporary bridge, floating on pontoons, is erected over the Giudecca Canal between the Zattere and the Church of the Redentore for the annual Redentore Festival celebration (Azamara Quest July 2018). Enjoy feasts and a stunning firework display that takes place over the water between St. Mark’s and the Giudecca.
· Ring in the New Year first with fireworks in Sydney Harbor on the Perth to Melbourne sailing (Azamara Quest December 2018). After an evening of sipping champagne visit sites such as the iconic Sydney Opera House, Manly Beach, Darling Harbor, and Taronga Zoo for the Australian wildlife exhibits while taking in wonderful views of Sydney Harbor.
“Our 2018 itineraries might be our best voyages yet. As we up the ante to deliver our guests unique and unmatched experiences to visit some of the world’s most interesting destinations and take in sought after events, we feel 2018 will be special for new and repeat travelers,” said Larry Pimentel, president and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “We offer voyages for every type of traveler. Delivering on our promise to think outside the ship, Azamara sailings continue to pique curiosity and deliver meaningful, enriching immersions to those who consider themselves global citizens.”
On board the Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, guests receive exceptional and personal service and enjoy fine cuisine and boutique wines from around the world, as well as more inclusive amenities, such as included gratuities; complimentary bottled water, sodas, specialty coffee, and teas, as well as complimentary boutique wines, international beers and select standard spirits in the ships’ bars, lounges and restaurants when open; complimentary self-service laundry; English Butler service for suite guests; and shuttle transportation to city centers in ports, where available.
For a full list of 2018 Azamara Voyages, visit www.azamaraclubcruises.com.