Royal Caribbean & Carnival Roll Out Enhanced Reservation Systems
Written by: Cruise News
October 28, 2013.
The two biggest players in the cruise industry today announced they have rolled out new reservation systems. That these announcements came on the same day is, I’m sure, purely coincidental.
Changes For Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
With the new technology, vacationers planning a cruise with one of Royal Caribbean’s cruise lines – Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisières de France – will now receive the best cruise rates that apply, based on travelers’ age, loyalty program status, residency, current promotions, and a host of additional personal qualifiers. Royal Caribbean’s newly enhanced reservation system streamlines the cruise fare search process into four simple steps. First, travel agents will select the applicable qualifiers for their clients through their respective booking channel. The reservation system then returns the best available rate, which includes only applicable offers for their clients. The travel agent will then consult with their clients on which offer would deliver the greatest vacation value and arrive at the best eligible offer to select, at which time, the reservation can be finalized.
Carnival Cruise Lines
Similarly, as part of its ongoing travel agent outreach program, Carnival Conversations, Carnival Cruise Lines has completed a variety of enhancements planned for GoCCL.com, its travel agent Internet portal. This first phase was completed by the line’s target of mid-October.
New enhancements include:
· Streamlined stateroom display and selection, offering additional convenience for travel agents to search for accommodations by deck in order to match their clients’ needs more quickly and easily.
· Rate selection is now more customized with the implementation of pre-selection filters for military, senior, resident, and interline rates, as well as Carnival’s Very Important Fun Person (VIFP) guest recognition program, enabling travel agents to return the best rates for their guests.
· Simplified “change of occupancy” process with the addition of an “add guest” option. This will allow travel agents to add up to three additional guests to an existing booking.
· Ability to decrease group allotments to less than eight cabins.
· When cancelling a booking, travel agents will now receive a message confirming that any additional funds are being refunded.
· Travel agents without ACH access may now use FunShipPay for credit card and gift card payments.
It should be noted that while Royal Caribbean’s new system covers all of their cruise brands, the change at Carnival is solely for their flagship Carnival Cruise Line and not for other brands under the Carnival Corporation umbrella.
- Carnival Introduces Enhanced Affinity Group Program October 31, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines is introducing an enhanced...
- NEW ROYAL CARIBBEAN ‘CHOICEAIR’ OFFERS GUESTS LOWEST AIRFARE GUARANTEE, CHOICE, 24-7 SUPPORT, AND PEACE OF MIND June 21, 2013. Royal Caribbean International today announced its new...
- Royal Caribbean & Carnival Announce Relief Efforts For Philippine Typhoon Victims November 12, 2013. The devastating damage caused by Typhoon Haiyan...
- Carnival Announces “Great Vacation Guarantee” Cruise Refund Program September 12, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled an unprecedented...