Carnival Simplifies Fare Structure
Written by: Cruise News
October 14, 2013.
Carnival has simplified its fare structure by reducing the number of core fare options from six to three. The change is a result of travel agent and consumer feedback indicating that the line’s fare structure was too complicated and made it difficult to book with Carnival. The revised fare structure will become effective October 31 for all future sailings.
Moving forward, the core fare structure will be simplified to include three fares:
· Fun Select: This cruise option features a two category stateroom upgrade and guests choose their stateroom assignment. The fare is fully refundable before final payment, offering a premium and flexible choice for guests.
· Early Saver: Offers Carnival’s unique price protection guarantee and is the ideal fare for closing early business. This fare closes three months prior to sailing for cruises of five-days or less and five months prior to sailing for cruises of six-days or more. Guests choose their stateroom assignment with Early Saver. This fare includes a non-refundable deposit and $50 administrative fee for changes to the reservation.
·Super Saver: Generally opens when Early Saver closes. The deposit is non-refundable and the stateroom is assigned by Carnival. Super Saver is a good selection for close-in travelers.
The Fun Select Plus, Easy Saver and Instant Saver fare code options will no longer be offered as part of the simplification. Qualifying fares such as past guest, resident and military as well as special promotional fares will continue to be available.
- Carnival Introduces Enhanced Affinity Group Program October 31, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines is introducing an enhanced...
- Carnival Expands “Faster To The Fun” Priority Boarding Program July 6, 2013. Last year Carnival announced a new priority...
- Carnival Announces “Vacation Anticipation” Photo Contest For U.S. Debut Of Carnival Sunshine October 22, 2013. There’s nothing like the fun and excitement...
- Operational Review Causes Cancellation of Additional Carnival Triumph Cruises & First Two Cruises Of Carnival Sunshine March 19, 2013. Carnival is implementing the first phase of...