NORWEGIAN ASKS FANS TO HELP SELECT NAMES OF NEW SHIPS
Written by: Cruise News
September 10, 2013.
Norwegian Cruise Line today launched the “Norwegians Name Their Ships” contest asking fans in five countries to help select the names for the line’s two new Breakaway Plus class ships. From now through September 24, 2013, Norwegian’s Facebook fans in the United States, Canada*, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom have the opportunity to vote for their two favorite potential ship names from a list of the line’s top 10 name prospects. Those who vote will be entered to win a trip to the first ship’s inaugural festivities.
“We have the most passionate and engaged fans. We know that nothing makes our community more excited than the anticipation of our new ship launches and these two are our largest and most innovative ships ever,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian’s chief executive officer. “It’s so important to us to involve our community of Norwegians in this exciting process. We have listed name options that speak to the character of our brand and allude to the uniqueness of Freestyle Cruising®.”
Norwegian’s new Breakaway Plus ships will be the largest in the line’s fleet at approximately 163,000 gross tons and 4,200 passenger berths each and will be similar in design and innovation to the line’s current Breakaway class, the first of which, Norwegian Breakaway, launched in New York in early May and the second of which, Norwegian Getaway, will launch in January and arrive in her homeport of Miami in February.
To enter, fans should go to Norwegian’s Facebook page in the appropriate region. In the US and Canada, fans should visit the Norwegians Name Their Ships tab. Once there, they will see a list of 10 possible names. They can vote once per day for the two names that they like best. Norwegian will pick one name for each ship based on the names that receive the top number of votes from the community.
Those who vote and complete the entry form will be entered to win a trip for two on the first Breakaway Plus ship’s inaugural festivities. There will be a winner from each region. The winners will receive a trip for two to the first ship’s invitation only inaugural festivities. The trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two, ground transportation, balcony stateroom accommodations (double occupancy), and on-board meals.
The contest is only open to residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom, 18 years of age and older. For more information on how to enter and for the official rules, details on the prizes, and to share this contest with your friends, visit the Norwegians Name Their Ships tab located on Norwegian’s Facebook Page.
More exciting announcements about the new Breakaway Plus vessels will be released throughout the fall and beyond with the first ship scheduled to open for reservations by the end of the year.
- ‘Norwegian Bliss’ and ‘Norwegian Escape’ Are The Names For Breakaway Plus Vessels October 8, 2013. Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that thanks...
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE COUNTS DOWN “100 DAYS TO NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY” January 22, 2013. In anticipation of the upcoming launch of...
- Norwegian Cruise Line & Katie Couric Send NYC Mothers Affected By Hurricane Sandy on Cruise Aboard Norwegian Breakaway December 19, 2012. Norwegian Cruise Line has invited all audience...
- Norwegian Cruise Line Orders 2nd ‘Breakaway Plus’ Vessel July 16, 2013. Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that it...
- Norwegian Breakaway Floated Out At Meyer Werft Shipyard in Germany February 26, 2013. Norwegian Breakaway, the largest ship ever constructed...