HOLLAND AMERICA LINE ADDS MORE PRO AND CELEBRITY DANCERS FOR ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS: AT SEA’ THEME CRUISES
Written by: Cruise News
January 24, 2013.
Holland America Line has added even more star power to its 2013 “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” theme cruises featuring professional and celebrity dancers from ABC’s smash hit “Dancing with the Stars.” Professionals scheduled to appear are two-time champion Mark Ballas, champion Kym Johnson, Chelsie Hightower, Tristan MacManus and Lacey Schwimmer. Celebrities scheduled to sail are singer Joey Fatone, actress Sabrina Bryan and television personality Carson Kressley.
The theme cruises on select ships are part of the line’s recently announced “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” on-board experience that also features an exclusive “Dancing with the Stars” program on all ships in the fleet including dance lessons and an opportunity to dance center stage in a live dance-off performance. These activities will showcase the ships’ professional dancers and will be developed in collaboration with the show’s dancers and choreographers.
“The ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ theme cruises are all the more exciting with the addition of such popular professional dancers and celebrities from ABC’s hit show,” said Richard Meadows, executive vice president, marketing, sales and guest programs. “We know our guests are going to be thrilled with the opportunity to see such incredible talent live on these cruises.”
The six theme cruises in 2013 and early 2014 will feature “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” events including dance lessons, a chance to meet the dancers, ask questions and take photos, and a dazzling production starring the celebrities and famed dance pros, complete with glamorous costumes and routines from the TV show. Performers are subject to change.
Professional dancers Lacey Schwimmer and Mark Ballas are scheduled to appear on ms Eurodam’s Feb. 16, 2013, Eastern Caribbean cruise. Joining the pros on the seven-day voyage are celebrities Joey Fatone and Sabrina Bryan.
Chelsie Hightower and Mark Ballas are scheduled to sail Jun. 22, 2013, on ms Veendam’s seven-day Canada and New England voyage. Celebrities to be announced.
Kym Johnson and Tristan MacManus are scheduled to sail on ms Oosterdam’s Jun. 30 and Jul. 7, 2013, seven-day Alaska cruises along with celebrity Carson Kressley. Additional celebrity to be announced.
2014 “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” theme cruises are on board ms Nieuw Amsterdam Jan. 5 for a seven-day Eastern Caribbean sailing and Jan. 12 seven-day Western Caribbean cruise. Celebrities to be announced.
- Win A Chance To Perform On Stage With Holland America’s ‘Dancing With The Stars: At Sea’ Competition April 3, 2013. With Holland America Line’s recently launched “Dancing...
- HOLLAND AMERICA LINE ADDS CANALETTO RESTAURANT AND ENCLOSED WINTERGARDEN TO ms PRINSENDAM January 15, 2013. Holland America Line recently completed the addition...
- HOLLAND AMERICA LINE ADDS THREE NEW SEGMENTS TO 2012 GRAND ASIA AND AUSTRALIA VOYAGE June 28, 2012. Holland America Line has added three new...
- Princess Cruises Adds New South America and Tahiti Sailings in 2014 January 18, 2013. Princess Cruises has added several new Exotics...
- HOLLAND AMERICA LINE’S CULINARY ARTS CENTER PROGRAM FEATURES CELEBRATED EXPERTS DURING THE SUMMER SEASON May 23, 2012. During Holland America Line’s summer cruise season,...