CARNIVAL LAUNCHES PINTEREST CONTEST OFFERING CHANCE TO WIN A CARIBBEAN CRUISE FOR TWO
Written by: Cruise News
October 3, 2012.
‘I’d Rather be Carnival Cruising To __________’ Contest Runs Through October 14.
Carnival Cruise Lines has launched a fun and unique new Pinterest contest called “I’d Rather be Carnival Cruising to _______” that will award one lucky winner a seven-day “Fun Ship” Caribbean cruise for two.
Starting today, participants can visit http://www.carnival.com/pinterest and begin by choosing one of four cruise destinations – the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska or Hawaii. Participants are then encouraged to tell a visual story of what their dream cruise to that location would look like by pinning various images to their newly created contest board.
Participants must pin at least five images or videos from any of Carnival’s social media sites or carnival.com, while the rest of the board can feature any other images of their choice. Consumers can enter the contest up to four times by simply re-visiting the contest page, choosing a new destination, and entering again. The contest runs through October 14, 2012.
At the end of the contest period, judges from Carnival will select the top 10 boards based on beauty, creativity and originality. The grand prize winner will be chosen by guest judge and “pinning rock star” Mike Dew who has more than three million followers on Pinterest (https://pinterest.com/tempspaz/). To inspire participants, Dew will also be creating his own board specifically for the contest.
“Pinterest is a terrific social media platform for discovering different vacation choices and this contest allows consumers to create and share their idea of the perfect Carnival vacation,” said Jordan Corredera, vice president – digital for Carnival Cruise Lines. “We’re also excited to have Mike Dew – a true Pinterest guru – selecting the grand prize winner and sharing his pinning expertise with participants,” he added.
In addition to a grand prize Caribbean cruise for two, the participant whose board has the most followers will win a $250 Fun Ship Dollars gift certificate.
Complete rules and contest information are available at http://www.carnival.com/pinterest.
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE LAUNCHES CRUISE GIVEAWAY CONTEST ON PINTEREST August 13, 2012. Norwegian Cruise Line is launching an interactive...
- Virtual Tour of Carnival Sunshine Released; Plus a Contest For a Free European Cruise & Other Prizes January 29, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled a new...
- CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES LAUNCHES FIRST-EVER “VACATION AWESOME-ATION” PROMOTION FEATURING $100,000 IN PRIZE GIVEAWAYS January 25, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines is launching a seven-day...
- CARNIVAL VICTORY LAUNCHES YEAR-ROUND 4 & 5 DAY CARIBBEAN/BAHAMAS CRUISES FROM MIAMI February 4, 2013. Carnival Victory arrived at PortMiami this morning...
- Carnival Reporting 1-Week Reservations Record February 6, 2013. Carnival Cruise Lines set a one-week reservations...