ROYAL CARIBBEAN WINS 2012 TRAVEL WEEKLY MAGELLAN AWARDS
Written by: Cruise News
September 7, 2012.
Royal Caribbean International today announced that the cruise line has won 15 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards for the year – 10 of which are Gold. Revitalized Radiance of the Seas, also known as the culinary ship, was singly recognized with the Gold Magellan Award for Overall Contemporary Ship, while Oasis of the Seas won its second consecutive Gold for Eco-Friendly “Green” Cruise Ship. Royal Caribbean’s new brand campaign “The Sea is Calling. Answer it Royally.” also was recognized with Gold, as were the campaign’s TV commercial and print ad.
“We are much honored to be recognized again by Travel Weekly’s distinguished panel of industry experts and judges,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “We are particularly encouraged that revitalized Radiance of the Seas won Gold for Overall Contemporary Ship. Radiance of the Seas is a glowing example of our ongoing ship revitalizations to introduce some of the most popular Oasis-class amenities across the fleet and make every ship our best ship for vacationers to enjoy.”
Royal Caribbean’s Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Awards include:
Radiance of the Seas Overall – Contemporary Ship
Oasis of the Seas Overall – Eco-Friendly “Green” Cruise Ship
The Sea is Calling Advertising/Marketing Campaign
The Sea is Calling TV Commercial
The Sea is Calling… Vicki Print Advertising
Oasis’ 150 Central Park Contemporary Ship – Restaurant Design
DreamWorks Experience Contemporary Ship – Entertainment
Hairspray Contemporary Ship – Entertainment
Royal Promenade Contemporary Ship – Atrium Design
Royal Loft Suites Contemporary Ship – Suite Design
The cruise line’s Silver Magellan Awards include:
Allure of the Seas Overall – Contemporary Ship
Sea Views Overall – Blog
Crown & Anchor Society Overall – Loyalty Program
Vitality at Sea Spa Contemporary Ship – Spa Design
Madagascar 3 Web Marketing/Advertising
The Magellan Awards is the premier award for the travel industry. From design to marketing to services, the Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honors the best in travel and salutes the outstanding travel professionals behind it all.
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE RECOGNIZED WITH NINE 2012 TRAVEL WEEKLY MAGELLAN AWARDS October 10, 2012. Travel Weekly, an influential news resource in...
- ROYAL CARIBBEAN NAMED BEST CRUISE LINE OVERALL BY TRAVEL WEEKLY READERS FOR TENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR December 14, 2012. For the 10th consecutive year, Royal Caribbean...
- AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES UPS RANKING IN TRAVEL+LEISURE’S PRESTIGIOUS WORLD’S BEST AWARDS July 12, 2012. Azamara Club Cruises, the destination immersive cruise...
- NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE NAMED “WORLD’S LEADING LARGE SHIP CRUISE LINE” BY WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS December 14, 2012. Norwegian Cruise Line has been named the...
- Royal Caribbean International Recognized With Three TravelAge West Wave Awards June 8, 2012. TravelAge West readers have spoken, and for...