HOLLAND AMERICA LINE’S ONBOARD DIGITAL WORKSHOP CURRICULUM EXPANDED FEATURING LATEST TECHNOLOGY
Written by: Cruise News
March 12, 2012.
Holland America Line has expanded its Digital Workshops powered by Microsoft Windows enrichment program with the latest technology and classes for all skill levels. The popular complimentary workshops, led by Microsoft-trained “techsperts” on all 15 ships in the Holland America fleet, teach guests with varying levels of computer and camera experience how to take better vacation photos, make movies, edit pictures and create online scrapbooks.
Guests also learn how to share digital memories via email, keep a more secure PC at home, stay connected through instant messaging and webcams, find the best PC for their budget and lifestyle, and navigate new features of Windows 7, Microsoft’s latest operating system.
“The Digital Workshops have consistently been a favorite and the perfect way for guests to share their cruise experience with friends and relatives,” says Richard Meadows, executive vice president, marketing, sales and guest programs. “Our partnership with Microsoft means that our guests will always have access to the latest software and tools, in addition to highly trained ‘techsperts’ who can show them the ins and outs of their computers — for no charge.”
The curriculum currently offers ten 50-minute workshops, including:
· “Camera Basics” teaches guests the best ways to use their digital cameras.
· “Transferring Photos” demonstrates how to easily get pictures from a camera to a PC with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
· “Introductory Photo Editing” illustrates how to improve the look and feel of photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
· “Creative Photo Editing” shows how to apply artistic touches to pictures with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
· “Making Movies” lets guests create slide shows and videos with Windows Live Movie Maker.
· “Photo Sharing” covers how to email and store pictures to share with others using Windows Live Mail.
· “Stay Connected” shows how to keep in touch with friends and family using Windows Live Messenger.
· “Windows 7” provides an inside look at Microsoft’s newest PC operating system.
· “PC Buying” helps guests discover the right Windows 7 PC for varying lifestyles and budgets.
· “PC Security” explains how to protect information with the safety features of a Windows 7PC.
Two new sessions also have been developed: “Files, Folders and Sharing” and “Introduction to the Cloud.” They will teach guests how to better manage the contents of their computers through file and folder management and how to create and share files with Office Web applications and Skydrive.
The digital workshop showcases state-of-the-art technology provided and maintained by Microsoft, including Windows 7-certified computers, printers, scanners and a wireless network. The workshops also feature flat-screen TVs for easy viewing of videos and “techspert” demonstrations.
Guests can choose to attend all or just some of the workshops, with each offered at various times and days throughout every cruise. Multiple workshops are held every day. In addition, one-on-one coaching, called “Techspert Time,” also is available for more than 20 hours each week for guests to stop by with questions.
- HOLLAND AMERICA LINE ADDS MORE PRO AND CELEBRITY DANCERS FOR ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS: AT SEA’ THEME CRUISES January 24, 2013. Holland America Line has added even more...